6 Ways To Emanate "Lifestyle Brand" Vibes

Matt Landau

Ambassador
Staff member
Inner Circle
We recently created a video to use in YouTube advertising highlighting our Lake Norman lifestyle and it's starting to gain some traction. (Sidenote: This was actually done before the VRBO commercials showing family time at a vacation rental). Click the link below if you'd like to see!

Lake Norman Lifestyle
Shari! Fanatic job! I don’t know the name for these kinds of “no words” videos but they achieve a great effect.

Barry

Counselor
Inner Circle
Hello!

Tourism is dead in Portugal, so I'm diving into social media these weeks. :D

I decided first to follow the @Thibault idea you can read here https://www.rentalscaleup.com/vrma-facebook-marketing/ and started to upload my guest list (since 2010) to Facebook (I thought it would be better than upload it to Mailchimp as I didn't use to ask permission).

To check if this would work, I created a 4€ paid campaign with beach photos and only target this guest list; I only spend 1,65€ and already receive 1 message from previous guests saying they missed Portugal. :D

I will continue to study more about social media and Instagram. I loved @Barry idea of reposting local business, and I need to learn how to do that.

Thank you all for this :D

I'm following all your IG accounts for ideas, if you know a good place to learn let me know! :giggle: my IG is @rent4rest
Hi there Filipa. Here's what I've been doing on Instagram, but others may have a better method:

- Find an IG pic from a local biz that would fit your brand well
- Message the business and ask permission, eg. "I'd love to recommend your xyz to our guests. Do I have your permission to repost this pic on our IG profile with credit? (they'll say yes)
- Do a command-save (on mac) and choose to save the complete webpage (with image assets)
- Find the image you want in the asset folder and save it to your files/desktop to repost in a minute
- Post the pic on your IG profile with a shout out to the local biz and give photo credit to the biz/photographer where it originated
- Tag the local biz in your pic and add a hashtag for them
- Now you get to...
- Pat yourself on the back
- Take a bow
- Maybe eat a cookie if you're REALLY proud of yourself ;)

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter
Hi there Filipa. Here's what I've been doing on Instagram, but others may have a better method:

- Find an IG pic from a local biz that would fit your brand well
- Message the business and ask permission, eg. "I'd love to recommend your xyz to our guests. Do I have your permission to repost this pic on our IG profile with credit? (they'll say yes)
- Do a command-save (on mac) and choose to save the complete webpage (with image assets)
- Find the image you want in the asset folder and save it to your files/desktop to repost in a minute
- Post the pic on your IG profile with a shout out to the local biz and give photo credit to the biz/photographer where it originated
- Tag the local biz in your pic and add a hashtag for them
- Now you get to...
- Pat yourself on the back
- Take a bow
- Maybe eat a cookie if you're REALLY proud of yourself ;)
There are a few free reposting apps that cut out some of those steps-

Last edited:

Toby

Attaché
Inner Circle
There are so many different routes to go with advertising and promoting our homes. Lifestyle branding is a legitimate option. I have slowly expanded beyond my comfort zones but it is still a challenge. Change is happening whether we embrace it or not. But what change to embrace? So many ways to improve and optimize.

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter
We recently created a video to use in YouTube advertising highlighting our Lake Norman lifestyle and it's starting to gain some traction. (Sidenote: This was actually done before the VRBO commercials showing family time at a vacation rental). Click the link below if you'd like to see!

Lake Norman Lifestyle
Lovely video! What was your process to accomplish it- storyboarding, "actors," filming/processing?

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter
There are so many different routes to go with advertising and promoting our homes. Lifestyle branding is a legitimate option. I have slowly expanded beyond my comfort zones but it is still a challenge. Change is happening whether we embrace it or not. But what change to embrace? So many ways to improve and optimize.
It can be mind-numbing and send you spinning trying to decide which nifty and new thing to apply towards your marketing plan.

I approached it as a complete newbie by listing my wish list predicated on return on investment - no matter if that investment was in time or dollars. For the most part, for me, it was in time in learning how. After reviewing all the STR models here and elsewhere that I wanted to grow up to become, I took note of what they had that I didn't and added those items to my wish list (again taking note of its ROI). Bit by bit I was able to cross items off that list. Of course, there always seemed to be another item to take its place which can make you want to pull your hair, but deep breathing exercises- especially exhaling- help there.

Another selection factor popped up over time- that which gave me pleasure as I tackled it. And that which didn't- I found another to do it for me. Again, keeping an eye on ROI- in both time and cost.

Throughout this whole process be Nemo-like: Just keep exhaling, Just keep exhaling.