Matt Landau
  • Founder, VRMB

Limited Edition marketing for the win!

This week’s discussion all about niche marketing ideas comes directly from the golf course! CJ CJ sent me the following photo of a vacation rental owner who scatters golf balls with contact information around the backyard of his golf course-front vacation home in Georgia. This is a cheap, creative, and focused way of speaking directly to his target audience.

IMG_5029.jpg

QUESTIONS/COMMENTS
  • Where are your niche guests hanging out with each other when in town visiting?
  • What is intriguing enough for them to pick up and read?
  • What could serve as your “golf ball”?

My niche market might well seem too “broad” but it has evolved from the beginning to be what I now clearly understand to be my Storyteller Niche and I totally love it. I keep getting better at it too which doesn’t exactly make it easier but it keeps becoming more rewarding and fun.

My own St. John love story began 36 years ago and it’s a full beautiful and fascinating story that continues and it’s vibrant and alive. If there was ever a place that made my heart race St. John started my heart racing in 1986. My heart still races madly about City, stronger than ever and it always will.

Call me if the Story Whisperer. I’m a trustworthy Island pro. My own St. John story is but a backdrop that I use to set the stage for the next chapter of each guest’s own St. John story.

I try get a sense of who my guests are before they arrive and I breathe life into my guests’ stories for them ahead of time and when they arrive their stories then take launch and aim tor the stars. The sky is the limit.

My own St. John love story spans half a lifetime and is enriched by my experience, knowledge and passion for the island.

I have so much fun interacting with rental gu

The big question is WHO is my guest? Is this trip to St. John their first or are they St. John addicts already who discovered the island a long time ago, can’t resist it and return at least once a year. The newcomersestslo need more help that others then I have “types” of groups: the families, the “girl’s trips, the good buddy groups, the special occasion groups, and the others who can’t be so easily categorized.

How much do people know or not know? What are their interests, what is the purpose of their trip? What quickly becomes clear to guests is that I’m fully onboard as their St. John Experience Advocate!

Key for me is my very personal correspondence with guests. Conversation is key. Every guest is a individual. My own St. John story is rich and full and comes into play to varying amounts of time and degrees but what matters about every single stay is that the guest understands one main point: Your St. John story is all about YOU!

E-mails and phone conversations are important of course but it becomes clearer and clearer with time that face to face communication with video goes close to the top of my never ending agenda, I know it will make a big difference and also underscored a strong point I already possess: Engendering trust.

Whether it’s tales of old concerning island history, lore, and sugar mill ruins that dot the island, restaurants, hiking, beaches, sailing, shopping, the whole nine yards: I’ve got it all and if you want the latest news I’ll share that too. Are you interested in our island community? I’ll help you get involved!

I doubt I could play the storyteller role as in an article with with well as I do if I owned an additional place. Tropical Blessings is my dream come true and it has taken over a decade into shaping it into the beautiful one of a kind place it is. I tweak like crazy with details and improvements, drive myself bonkers over inconsequential fixes, and can go OCD over something that really doesn’t matter but I won’t be able to stop noticing it even nobody else ever does.

Tropical Blessings LLC has existed for over a decade now. I fell into the industry by sheer accident in 2011. I felt like Alice who suddenly tumbled down a

Last edited:
My niche market might well seem too “broad” but it has evolved from the beginning to be what I now clearly understand to be my Storyteller Niche and I totally love it. I keep getting better at it too which doesn’t exactly make it easier but it keeps becoming more rewarding and fun.

My own St. John love story began 36 years ago and it’s a full beautiful and fascinating story that continues, vibrant, lush with green, vert alive.

If there was ever a place that made my heart race St. John started my heart racing in 1986. My heart still races madly about City, stronger than ever and it always will.

Call me if the Story Whisperer. I’m a trustworthy Island expert without a doubt. My own St. John story is but a backdrop that sets the stage for the next chapter of each guest’s own St. John story.

I try get a sense of who my guests are before they arrive and I breathe life into my guests’ stories for them ahead of time and when they arrive their stories then take launch and aim tor the stars. The sky is the limit.

My own St. John love story spans half a lifetime and is enriched by my experience, knowledge and passion for the island.

I have so much fun interacting with rental guests!

The big question is WHO is my guest? Is this trip to St. John their first or are they St. John addicts already who discovered the island a long time ago, can’t resist it and return at least once a year or even more?

The first ctimers often need more help that others, then comes the “types” of groups: the families, the “girl’s trips, the good buddy groups, the special occasion groups, and the others who can’t be so easily categorized.

How much do people know or not know about St. John? What are thWhat are their interests, what is the purpose of their trip? What quickly becomes clear to guests is that I’m fully onboard as their St. John Experience Advocate!

Key for me is my very personal correspondence with guests. Conversation is key. Every guest is a individual. My own St. John story is rich and full and comes into play to varying amounts of time and degrees but what matters about every single stay is that the guest understands one main point: Your St. John story is all about YOU!

E-mails and phone conversations are important of course but it becomes clearer and clearer with time that face to face communication with video goes close to the top of my never ending agenda, I know it will make a big difference and also underscored a strong point I already possess: Engendering trust.

Whether it’s tales of old concerning island history, lore, and sugar mill ruins that dot the island, restaurants, hiking, beaches, sailing, shopping, the whole nine yards: I’ve got it all and if you want the latest news I’ll share that too. Are you interested in our island community? I’ll help you get involved!

I doubt I could play the storyteller role as in an article with with well as I do if I owned an additional place. Tropical Blessings is my dream come true and it has taken over a decade into shaping it into the beautiful one of a kind place it is. I tweak like crazy with details and improvements, drive myself bonkers over inconsequential fixes, and can go OCD over something that really doesn’t matter but I won’t be able to stop noticing it even nobody else ever does.

Tropical Blessings LLC has existed for over a decade now. I fell into the industry by sheer accident in 2011. I felt like Alice who suddenly tumbled unectrdky down a a rabbit

This week’s discussion all about niche marketing ideas comes directly from the golf course! CJ CJ sent me the following photo of a vacation rental owner who scatters golf balls with contact information around the backyard of his golf course-front vacation home in Georgia. This is a cheap, creative, and focused way of speaking directly to his target audience.

View attachment 4880

QUESTIONS/COMMENTS
  • Where are your niche guests hanging out with each other when in town visiting?
  • What is intriguing enough for them to pick up and read?
  • What could serve as your “golf ball”?

This is so brilliant. One of our NEVR homeowners started a Cape Cod Shell Message collection. We get lots of happy messages about this and asking from more shells. Take a look.

Attachments

• NEVR Shell Idea.jpeg
    NEVR Shell Idea.jpeg
    729.7 KB
  • NEVR Shell ideas.jpeg
    NEVR Shell ideas.jpeg
    584.8 KB
  • Sea Shells for gift.jpeg
    Sea Shells for gift.jpeg
    587.1 KB
Just yesterday, I was at the beach here in South Beach, Miami, and after getting out of the ocean for a swim, found a little rock with a heart painted on it and the message, "you are going to have a beautiful day!" At first I thought someone was flirting with me lol but then was told that others have received the same rock message from a rock lady whose name is Renee! She spends time collecting rocks, writing notes, and dropping them onto peoples towels. What a subtle sharing of love!

This is so brilliant. One of our NEVR homeowners started a Cape Cod Shell Message collection. We get lots of happy messages about this and asking from more shells. Take a look.
What a small world- love these decoupaged shells on Etsy! I'm currently in the middle of a sepcial order for our Sonoma Coast Christmas Tree Decorations.

What a great idea! A previous guest painted encouraging messages on small rocks and left them all over the farm - it was fun to find them. I always left them for another guest to discover, and some made their way to the houses. There are certainly plenty of rocks at eh river, and in the fields!, that I could paint them with my contact info and place around the homes.

About the author

Viewing page Home
Back