VRMB Team

Another Action-Packed Week: Transformative Travel, Your True Brand, Howard E. Butt, Free Webinar

These discussions are private to VRMB Community members, where we're discussing more nuanced, personalized guidance for vacation rental innovation. If you're not a member, come join us here.

+ There's a fantastic discussion about transformative travel that Viktoria in Hawai'i posted which is about creating experiences for and marketing to "avid explorers" as the cutting-edge or new frontier.

+ Tourism researcher Stanley Plog published a study in 2001 that predicted almost eerily exactly how many destinations would jump the shark and lose their soul. His "Dependable" versus "Adventurer" study may help you revert back to your true brand and plan for the future. Jump in and join the discussion!

+ Alex asks the community "what can a small local grocery chain teach us about vacation rentals? “Long before Walmart starting pushing into South Texas, H-E-B began studying the company’s success, and it adapted the productivity loop to its own business. H-E-B is six steps ahead of everybody else. South Texas is the only place that Walmart hasn’t been able to just roll into and dominate.”

+ "How Innovation is Rooted In Independents" was the title of a webinar I presented years ago which came with a companion "self grader" to determine how you score in terms of your innovation. I just watched it and the ensuing discussion is ever-so relevant when it comes to asking different questions, making better mistakes, and doubling down on passion projects.

As you can see, our community discussions are rich with insights and collaborative learning. This is just a taste of what VRMB members experience daily. Ready to join the conversation and take your vacation rental business to the next level? Become a member today."

About the author

The Vacation Rental Show

"The Vacation Rental Show," hosted by Matt Landau, is the first travel show to amplify the magic of professional vacation rental experiences.

Watch on YouTube Now
Back