VRMB Team

Farm Stays, TripAdvisor Shutdown, Politics, Airbnb Questions

The following discussions are part of our private community. You will need to become a member and log in to engage with the material. Plenty of topics that aren't being discussed elsewhere.

+ Farm stays are a niche that Sheron has been doubling down on for years. In overly-saturated markets where it's really over-development that's causing problems, consider farm stays as a slower, self-sustaining and mostly untapped market ripe for pickin!

+ "The times they are a changin" from Rob in a post about profiles/listings after Trip Advisor shuts down after Nov 1. "Every booking that came in from TripAdvisor was a royal pain as they attempted to insert themselves into our own booking ecosystem, which frankly doesn't play nicely with outsiders.."

+ Donna's wondering where taking a political stand belongs in small business branding and marketing. And for years, I've chosen to remove discussions that get into politics...mostly because I didn't have the deftness or nuanced ability to steer hotly debated topics in objective directions. But with this post and Rob's response, I'm trying something new!

+ The "Would you want an airbnb in your building" post by Rob (read the entirety) is wise beyond words. "Being able to see the negatives is the only path towards improvement, through asking the question "What's not good about this and how can we make it better?" Only a selfish narcissist would narrow the focus of that question to be "What's not good about this for me, and how can I get more out of it at other's expense?"

These discussions are just a taste of the vibrant conversations happening in our private community. To dive deeper, share your own insights, or learn from fellow vacation rental professionals, you'll need to become a member and log in. Our community is a treasure trove of unique perspectives and innovative ideas that you won't find anywhere else in the industry.

About the author

The Vacation Rental Show

"The Vacation Rental Show," hosted by Matt Landau, is the first travel show to amplify the magic of professional vacation rental experiences.

Watch on YouTube Now

Thread statistics

Created
VRMB Team,
Replies
Views
Back