VRMB Team

Trending This Week: Crypto, Expert Hiring, and Guest Review Tactics

Below are handpicked discussions inside VRMB Community that sparked ideas over the last week. To become part of the community join here! If you're already a member, pop in and share something you're struggling with or inspired by!

+ Henna revives a mega thread on cryptocurrencies: are you accepting crypto and if so have you learned anything noteworthy? It's quite a fascinating thread to read through: a reflection of the evolution of hospitality & technology.

+ Hiring experts is a powerful way to accelerate...but please be thorough in who you deem an expert. I am always happy to recommend experts/consultants but I don't know anything about Gila's request (a particular group of online "experts" offering a program for "multiplying exposure, SEO on the listing sites, increasing conversion by using split testing, and implementing a strong pricing strategy.")

+ Rob makes a subtle but huge distinction between rewarding guests for giving 5-star reviews VERSUS rewarding guests who share their already honest great reviews in multiple places online. Love his thought process!

+ This is slightly embarrassing but I recorded this video tutorial on Soliciting and Leveraging Guest Reviews back in 2015 (the embarrassing part is my delivery. The content is great!). Todd Doyle points out that it makes a big difference when you help guests with topics to write about. Brilliant!

That wraps up this week’s highlights from the VRMB Community. To join the conversation or start a new one, become a member here. If you’re already with us, keep sharing your ideas and insights!

Last edited by a moderator:

About the author

The Vacation Rental Show

"The Vacation Rental Show," hosted by Matt Landau, is the first travel show to amplify the magic of professional vacation rental experiences.

Watch on YouTube Now
Back