Subscribe to the Unlocked Podcast by Matt Landau on
Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or pretty much any other app.
Matt Landau
  • Founder, VRMB

EP111: We Just Got Acquired by a Large Company. These Things Do Not Scale

LindaS LindaS is one of our vacation rental heroines. She has one of the clearest, fiercest understandings of what she likes: and it just so happens to be what guests are willing to pay good money for: AND what homeowners and desperate to align themselves with.

But here’s the rub: Linda’s expertise is not glamorous: her solutions aren’t cookie-cutter.

So when Great Vacation Retreats, the company Linda helped grow form 20 to 70 properties, recently sold to a large vacation rental management company, Linda frankly dreaded what came next.

But instead of letting that dread stop her, Linda pinpointed the limited edition hospitality solutions that she was most proud of crafting. In this interview we walk through that list.

What happened next? A calculated set of moves that have got linda back to doing what she loves.

This episode is brought you by Point Central, the leaders in smart home automation, and Breezeway, the best in class property care and automations platform.

You can Subscribe to all Unlocked Podcasts using Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or pretty much any other app.

Attachments

• We Got Acquired by a Large Company. These Things Do Not Scale..pdf
    117.3 KB
  • guestreviewrevised2020  (1).jpeg
    guestreviewrevised2020 (1).jpeg
    112.1 KB
Last edited by a moderator:

About the author

“A podcast with a splash! Thoughtful, well-targeted, and useful delivery.”
— Beth, Splashy Ventures
“I listen while pulling weeds in my garden. Perfect way of spending my morning.”
— Sibylle, Villa Ausblick
“High-quality, actionable, and timely. Pure gold.”
— Matthew, Family Time Vacation Rentals
Back