Subscribe to the Unlocked Podcast by Matt Landau on
Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or pretty much any other app.
Matt Landau
  • Founder, VRMB

EP33: Picking the Lock with Guglielmo Scarpa

Guglielmo Scarpa is a young Italian businessman who embodies the vacation rental pioneer spirit for me. He fell into the business somewhat accidentally, has successfully build a brand around his company Canguro properties in two countries, and he looks at everything through a realistic yet optimistic lens: if something works, he does more of it. If something doesn't work, he considers carefully whether or not he wants to try it again.

Today's unlocked episode is a bit different from the other tactical episodes in that the experiment that Guglielmo tried sort of failed. In aiming to make his business more efficient with technology, he realized he was actually losing some of the very essence that made Canguro special in the first place. I got a chance to sit down with Guglielmo in Barcelona Spain at the Kigoworld conference and archive this conversation for you all.

If you want to innovate like Guglielmo, consider a demo with our friends at PointCentral (free HVAC Analytics included from this landing page):

https://www.pointcentral.com/vrmb/

Last edited by a moderator:

About the author

“A podcast with a splash! Thoughtful, well-targeted, and useful delivery.”
— Beth, Splashy Ventures
“I listen while pulling weeds in my garden. Perfect way of spending my morning.”
— Sibylle, Villa Ausblick
“High-quality, actionable, and timely. Pure gold.”
— Matthew, Family Time Vacation Rentals
Back