MeganM
  • Owner & Hostess

Looking for positive articles/ stats for Florida Vacation Rentals

I am at it again - after moving from Nashville where I ran the local Advocacy group for over 5 years, I am started efforts in my new hometown (Cocoa Beach, Florida). This is a MUCH smaller area than Nashville so I am working with a lot less resources (ie Airbnb and Vrbo aren't throwing stats and money at us to help fight the good fight)! :) With that, I am going grass roots here and hoping some in this group may have some articles they've found/ stats that they can share. I am giving a presentation for the local area Chamber of Commerce next week. My google searches are coming up dry / old / or strictly legislative. Here is information I am looking for to fill the gaps in my storyline:

1) Guest profiles/ stay durations for vacation rental / short term rentals: We used to have this data for Nashville where Airbnb and Vrbo were able to tell us what % of guests traveled with children, the avg stay length for the market, etc. I would also love to find what % of guests travel with pets. Goal here is to showcase that despite the narrative, it's more than 1-night partiers. :) Would love Fl specific but I will take what I can get even if its nationwide data.

2) Impact of vacation rental guest spending: I have an article from 2018-2020 that shows the impact of guests and their spending in Florida. But SO much has changed since then / post COVID. Would love Fl specific but I will take what I can get even if its nationwide data.

3) Future of vacation rentals: My goal here was to discuss what the industry is facing - both concerning and positive. Of course, I am planning to touch on regulations facing the industry. I have plenty of sources, there. However, the rest is anecdotal at this point and would love ideas but also specific examples/ sources to back it up: 1) Industry is working to professionalize beyond the overnight host; 2) Any outlook on the future growth of rentals (% increase in # of rentals, what are upcoming trends in the industry, for instance go green initiative); 3) Anything else to touch on here???

I am open to any other ideas to touch on as well that are feel good / focused on community impact- I'm a bit rusty as it's been over 2 years since I've been officially involved in advocacy efforts! For context, here is the outline of the presentation I'll be giving and the audience is members of our local Chamber of Commerce which from what I have been told is a mixed bag of supporters, those against VRs and those on the fence.

Title: Harmony in Hospitality: Navigating Short Term Rentals in the Community
We'll Cover:
  • Short Term/ Vacation Rentals & the Community
  • Where the Short Term / Vacation Rental Industry is Headed
  • Connecting with Hosts and Property Managers

Thank you all so much for anything you may be able to offer!

About the author

MeganM
Owner & Hostess
Premium Member
Back