• Vacation rentals can be life-changing. But due to a surge in popularity, the requirements of the job are more challenging than ever. VRMB Communities is a private forum that helps thoughtful owners & managers automate and delegate tasks, so you can focus on the activities that win loyalty and direct bookings. Preview Private Forum Here

Would You Like To Close More Bookings, Increase Reviews & Command Trust/Respect All With One Technique?

Will Franco

Efficiency Manager
Staff member
Accelerator
We had clients with the same concern. They hired a professional and made an evergreen video, or talent to make and send the videos on their behalf.

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter
I also NEVER even thought about an explainer video. @Craig as expected you've nailed all the pain points PLUS anticipated all the hesitations. Excellent Excellent job!
Nice how technology has advanced. When I worked for George Washington U I was director of an online Resource for students/teachers/parents of students with disabilities. I frequently did a web walk* for them- usually over a conference call system 😜 or standing in front of a conference full of people and plowing through the website while on stage. Let me tell you it gave me a greater appreciation for all the web support people having to talk me through web crashes and dilemmas on the phone.

Discussing what was new, the major highlights, and how/where to dive deeper for that one greatly needed nugget of information for their survival in school was essential. As our site was grant-funded we needed to make sure our money was well spent and actually used and offered a functional tool by end-users

*A web walk is similar to a book picture walk- where you familiarize yourself with what the story may be about. It provides you with contextual clues to help you understand what the story is about- and it's great whether your literacy skills are low or high.

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter
I just can't bring myself to do this...I can just imagine grumpy guests calling up saying "NO BUT I WANT TO SPEAK TO CRAIG THE GUY IN THE VIDEO!!!"

Has anyone done something different like a video explainer instead?

For example, we have one aimed at owners, maybe I could do one like this for guests?

I recall way back when the forum started there was a similar media company that did something similar to this. I tried my hand at it. It was ok- I may have even posted my project here. Not sure if it's been archived since then.

Matt Landau

Ambassador
Staff member
OK time to do some talking head video lessons!

If you said you wanted a little coaching in this process, here we go.

FIRST: BUY A WEBCAM: please make sure you have a high-quality webcam (don't rely on the one inside your laptop or desktop monitor...I promise, it's worth the difference). I recommend Logitech (either c920 or Brio). If you choose NOT to invest in the webcam, please note that the quality of your videos will leave a lot to be desired. But that it's still possible.

SECOND: Click 'Like" or any other emotion on this post so I can see how many people have done step 1.

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter

FIRST: BUY A WEBCAM: please make sure you have a high-quality webcam (don't rely on the one inside your laptop or desktop monitor...I promise, it's worth the difference). I recommend Logitech (either c920 or Brio). If you choose NOT to invest in the webcam, please note that the quality of your videos will leave a lot to be desired. But that it's still possible.

SECOND: Click 'Like" or any other emotion on this post so I can see how many people have done step 1.
@Matt Landau - Is this moving forward?

DMartinez

Ambassador
Inner Circle
Wing Fighter

@Matt Landau - Well, heck seems like me, Google, and Youtube will be holding our own classes?